It’s time for the weekend replace on these prospects within the Dodgers’ group enjoying within the Arizona Fall League. 5 of the seven gamers participated since Thursday in our first replace and the success continues to be hitter-driven.
Andy Pages performed in all three video games and was a mixed 3-for-10 with two singles and a three-run homer to go along with two walks and two strikeouts. It was Thursday evening that Pages and Jose Ramos carried the offense, with Pages’ lengthy ball counting for 3 and Ramos later hitting a solo homer to steer the Glendale Desert Canines to a 4-3 win.
Ramos was 2-for-8 with the house run and a single whereas Jorbit Vivas didn’t play.
Thursday’s win was adopted by two losses to make the Desert Canines 8-8 in 16 video games thus far, with 13 video games to go.
Pages and Ramos have been featured by MLB’s Jonathan Mayo this week, shining a highlight on the pair of teammates that may each flip 22 this winter.
It very a lot looks like an older brother-younger brother sort of state of affairs, even when they’re principally the identical age. However Pages is older when it comes to his baseball resume and when he tries to impart knowledge, Ramos listens.
“Final yr, we talked about not making an attempt to do an excessive amount of,” Pages mentioned. “Simply be you and go from there.”
“He’s serving to me and has extra expertise than me. Something he tells me, I attempt to take it as a optimistic factor and attempt to do it.”
Pitching was removed from spectacular because the arms representing the Dodgers proceed to wrestle in AFL play. Lefty Ben Harris confronted seven batters Friday and solely recorded two outs whereas strolling three and permitting two runs on two hits.
Tanner Dodson pitched the ninth inning Thursday and recorded the save for Glendale’s 4-3 win. However the right-hander allowed a run on two hits and a stroll earlier than securing the win. Fellow right-hander Hyun-il Choi pitched Saturday and had the same consequence, strolling two and permitting a two-run homer in his one inning of labor.
Right here is an up to date take a look at how every participant has fared up to now. Observe alongside right here for video games as they’re streamed.
- Jose Ramos: 11-for-33 (.333/.378/.455/.833), 5 R, 1 2B, 1 HR, 6 RBI, 3 BB, 9 SO
- Andy Pages: 11-for-41 (.268/.380/.512/.892), 11 R, 1 2B, 3 HR, 6 RBI, 6 BB, 7 SO
- Jorbit Vivas: 9-for-27 (.333/.471/.407/.878), 7 R, 2 2B, 7 RBI, 6 BB, 6 SO
- Emmet Sheehan: 1-0, 1.86 ERA, 9.2 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 6 BB, 2 HB, 8 SO, 3 video games (all begins)
- Tanner Dodson: 0-0, 6.75 ERA, 6.2 IP, 8 H, 5 ER, 3 BB, 5 SO, 5 video games
- Hyun-il Choi: 0-0, 9.95 ERA, 6.1 IP, 7 H, 7 ER, 4 HR, 7 BB, 5 SO, 5 video games
- Ben Harris: 1-1, 13.50 ERA, 4.2 IP, 5 H, 9 R (7 ER), 2 HR, 1 HB, 7 BB, 5 SO, 5 video games
Leave a Reply