Thanks to everybody who stepped up with donations (large and small!) since Giving Tuesday to assist us elevate beneficial funds that might be instrumental in how we’re capable of method 2023, enabling us to do extra for our neighborhood. Your real friendship is strictly the inspiration we want. We promise to proceed our vigorous pursuit of making a extra compassionate, related, and artistic neighborhood via the manufacturing of thrilling theater, empowering training & outreach applications, and the event of recent tales and musicals.
Your generosity fills our hearts with gratitude and offers us a lot optimistic power! Thanks. A thousand occasions!
Increase yet one more glass for highlights from 2022:
- We produced 7 exhibits within the final 12 months, 3 of which had been produced on this space for the primary time. Plus, each Predominant Collection manufacturing was OCTG Advisable.
- We offered 5 staged readings and 1 workshop manufacturing as a part of our OTR New Works Collection, certainly one of which — Matinicus: The Story of Abigail Burgess — may have its world premiere on the Probability in 2023.
- Colonialism is Horrible, However Phở is Scrumptious (a play developed in our OTR New Works Program throughout the COVID-19 shutdown as a co-production with Aurora Theatre Firm) opened in Berkeley in November as the primary leg in a 3-theater rolling world premiere. Our very personal Creative Director Oánh Nguyễn helmed the manufacturing, identical to he’ll on the Probability this season and in Oregon later this yr. PLUS… the present was named “Better of 2022” for Bay Space stage exhibits by Marin Impartial Journal!
- We gained 8 OC Theatre Guild Awards, together with “Excellent Manufacturing of a Musical” and 4 performing awards… learn extra
- StageSceneLA acknowledged us with 18 Scenie Awards, together with one for “12 months’s Greatest Intimate Theater” and “Excellent Manufacturing” awards for Edges, Placing 12, Subsequent to Regular, and Cry It Out… learn extra
- Orange Curtain Assessment named Cry It Out, Inexperienced Day’s American Fool, and The Elaborate Entrance of Chad Deity as among the Better of 2022 …learn extra
- Star of Cry It Out (and Probability Resident Artist) Amanda Zarr gained the Orange Curtain Award for Greatest Actress.
- Our sixteenth annual Teenagers Communicate Up summer time theater camp had its highest enrollment but over two separate periods, leading to a mixed authentic present fully written by its junior excessive and highschool pupil members.
- For the fourth straight yr, we partnered with OC Asperger’s Help Group to current the Spectrum Communicate Up summer time program, particularly designed for teenagers who’ve been recognized with high-functioning Autism, Asperger’s or PDD-NOS to assist them discover their distinctive voice and expertise.
- We partnered with Anaheim Public Library for a particular Veterans Communicate Up presentation at Anaheim Central Library. Our alumni carried out tales from their life experiences after which held a particular post-show dialog with the viewers.
- For the eleventh yr, our Probability-a-thon put neighborhood members within the highlight. The 2-day line-up included a gaggle of gifted kids, sketch comedy, and a number of musical cabarets, all starring folks out of your neighborhood who need to assist the Probability.
- A few of our greatest associates and artists shared a stellar expertise at this yr’s gala fundraiser — A Tropical Rainforest Journey — as soon as once more hosted on the stunning residence of Bette & Wylie Aitken. The occasion mixed a enjoyable environment, jungle apparel, delectable delicacies, and dwell leisure that had the viewers actually demanding extra. It was all made doable by an impressive group of devoted artists, volunteers, and beneficiant associates… learn extra
THANK YOU to everybody who contributed to our year-end fundraising drive — matching all three challenges from different Probability Pals — which might be crucial to the continued pursuit of our mission…
Barbara & Gary Grey
David & Darlene Diem
Ron & Susan Horn
Michael & Heidee Culver • James Finnerty • Camille Goulet • Raymond Knapp • Julien Minard • Christina & Tim Rice
Jean Abdalla • Nameless • Michael Bender • B.J. Borgen • Georgann Gunness • Yvonne & Damien Jordan • Nick Kremer & Susan Jundanian • Joanne & Dennis Keith • In reminiscence of Diana Koch Lundberg • Susan Legome • Tommy & Madeleine Lengthy • Rachelle Menaker & Eddie Schuller • Kathy Smith
Jeanne L. Adams • Brien Amspoker and Ellen Breitman • Susan Bowman & Freddie Greenfield • Richard & Linda Davalos • Stephen Elders & Helayne Perry • Dr. Rob & Audrey Greenfield • Carol Hellebrand • In honor of Rachel and Genevieve Knapp • Zelda Knapp • Alan Lawson + Max Schmidl • The Household of Mary Kay Fyda-Mar • Margi & John Murray • Laura M. Hathaway & Matt Takahashi • Evangeline M. Thomson • Lisa & Tom Zaradich
Nameless • Jen Cook dinner • Arinda Dolter • Megan dos Santos • Ana Elkins • Kathy & Bahram Esfahani • Bradley Edward Feldman • In honor of Courtny Greenough • Paul & Joan Herrick • Kelly Hewitt • Holly Jeanne • Louise & Steven Koch • Glen & Debi Kristiansen • Carol B. Latham • Steven Livengood • Tommy & Madeleine Lengthy • In reminiscence of Courtny Greenough • Doris Longmead • Robyn Manion • Marilou McCarty • Antony Penrose • Marie L. Perez • Lauren Priebe • Betty Jean Reinard • Tyler Robinson • Judy Smith • Laurie Smits Staude • Arthur Strauss • Gabrielle & Matthew Tresler • Eleanor & Sig Wacker • Suzanne Wiser • Jordan Younger
Nameless • Jeannie Berryman • Maricruz Castro-Spencer • David Colwell & Glenda Morgan Brown • In honor of OTR New Works Program • Rochelle Flosi • Elizabeth Kornegay • Deborah McClure • Bridgette Marie Moore • Lauren Priebe • Stephen Rivers • Robert Walton
Leave a Reply