One pet canine was killed and about half a dozen folks needed to evacuate from their properties on Christmas afternoon after a hearth destroyed one condo and broken three others in La Mesa.
The 2-alarm fireplace started round 1:40 p.m. on Sunday at an condo advanced on San Juan Road close to South Barcelona Road, stated San Miguel Fireplace-Rescue Battalion Chief Roddy Blunt.
A baby witness stated they noticed the hearth begin of their Christmas tree, Blunt stated, however fireplace officers haven’t but confirmed the reason for the hearth, which is below investigation.
The hearth began in a bottom-floor condo, then unfold by way of an open window to the balcony of the condo upstairs, Blunt stated. From there, it reached the roof, he added.
The 2 different residences within the constructing have been broken by smoke, warmth and water, Blunt stated.
The condo the place the hearth started was “fully destroyed,” and the opposite three have additionally been rendered basically uninhabitable, he stated.
One pet canine died within the fireplace, and about six folks have been displaced, Blunt stated. American Pink Cross got here out to assist the households, he added.
About 40 personnel from three fireplace departments — Heartland Fireplace and San Diego Fireplace-Rescue additionally assisted — labored collectively to take down the hearth, which took about 30 to 40 minutes, Blunt stated.
Fireplace officers ask that households keep in mind to water their Christmas bushes and guarantee any tree lights are turned off when not at dwelling.
Leave a Reply