Whereas indicators of any potential Thanksgiving surge of COVID-19 and the flu gained’t present up till subsequent week’s information is launched, circumstances for each diseases are persevering with to pattern up. COVID-19 circumstances will surpass 10,000 for the month of November, far exceeding the 7,482 circumstances recorded in October.
Flu circumstances are additionally persevering with to extend, reaching 2,694 final week, up from 2,375 the earlier week. For the season up to now, San Diego County has recorded 12,946 circumstances of the flu in comparison with 424 presently final 12 months.
San Diegans are urged to get their flu and COVID vaccines earlier than the height vacation interval. It takes two weeks till the physique reaches full immunity.
“The time to behave is now,” stated Cameron Kaiser, M.D., M.P.H., County deputy public well being officer. “Get your flu and COVID vaccines as quickly as you’ll be able to and maintain your self and your family members secure this vacation season. And do not forget that masks assist scale back spreading each the flu and COVID-19.”
COVID-19 and flu vaccines are extensively obtainable throughout the area at pharmacies, medical facilities and clinics. The 2 vaccines may be administered throughout the identical go to. It is very important notice that the COVID-19 main vaccine collection or booster doesn’t shield in opposition to the flu and the flu vaccine doesn’t shield individuals in opposition to COVID-19. Subsequently, it is strongly recommended that eligible San Diegans get vaccinated in opposition to each viruses.
Symptomatic sufferers with a optimistic COVID-19 take a look at outcome, together with pregnant individuals and kids, ought to be evaluated to see if they’re eligible for therapy with one of many Nationwide Institutes of Well being really helpful therapy choices, which at present for these not hospitalized are nirmatrelvir/ritonavir (Paxlovid), molnupiravir (Lagevrio) and remdesivir (Veklury).
Early COVID-19 therapy in multi-generational households, particularly households of colour, protects susceptible people like older members of the family and people with underlying medical circumstances.
Testing and therapy can be found for gratis by calling 1-888-634-1123 to schedule an appointment at an OptumServe website. Appointments can be made on-line. Name SesameCare at 1-888-897-1244 to schedule a no-cost telehealth go to, which features a prescription for therapy. Appointments can be made on-line.
COVID-19 Vaccination Progress:
- Near 2.69 million or 80.4% of San Diegans acquired the first collection of one of many accepted COVID-19 vaccines.
- Bivalent boosters administered: 422,594 or 17% of two,492,144 eligible San Diegans.
- Extra vaccination data may be discovered at coronavirus-sd.com/vaccine.
- Seven extra deaths had been reported for the reason that final report on Nov. 23, 2022. The area’s complete is 5,569.
- Of the seven extra deaths, one was a lady and 6 had been males. They died between March 21, 2022 and Nov. 22, 2022. Three of the newly reported deaths occurred within the final two weeks.
- Two of the individuals who died had been 80 years or older, two had been of their 70s, one was of their 60s, one was of their 50s and one was of their 40s.
- None of those people had been vaccinated.
- 5 had underlying medical circumstances and two have medical circumstances pending.
COVID-19 Circumstances, Case Charges and Testing:
- 3,455 COVID-19 circumstances had been reported to the County previously seven days (Nov. 22 to Nov. 28, 2022). The area’s complete is now 942,177.
- The three,455 circumstances reported previously week had been larger in comparison with the three,084 infections recognized the earlier week (Nov. 15 to Nov. 21, 2022).
- 5,071 assessments had been reported to the County on Nov. 26, and the proportion of recent optimistic circumstances was 9.5 (Knowledge via Nov. 26).
- The 14-day rolling share of optimistic circumstances, amongst assessments reported via Nov. 26, is 6.7%.
The County Well being and Human Providers Company now publishes the Respiratory Virus Surveillance Report weekly. The report is printed every Thursday and tracks key respiratory sickness indicators, together with flu circumstances and deaths.
For the week ending Nov. 26, 2022, the report exhibits the next:
- Three extra flu deaths; the season’s complete is now eight.
- All three of the extra flu deaths had been ladies. They died between Nov. 9, 2022 and Nov. 21, 2022.
- None of them had acquired a flu shot this season.
- All had underlying medical circumstances and not one of the newly-reported deaths had been coinfected with COVID-19.
- Emergency division visits for influenza-like sickness: 11% of all visits (in contrast with 10% the earlier week).
- Lab-confirmed influenza circumstances for the week: 2,694 (in comparison with 2,375 the earlier week).
- Complete lab-confirmed circumstances up to now: 12,946 (in comparison with 424 on the identical time final season and a 475 prior 5-year common throughout the identical week).
Knowledge updates to the County’s coronavirus-sd.com web site will likely be printed Thursdays round 5 p.m., except holidays. Extra details about the flu is offered on the County’s influenza web site.
Leave a Reply