On January 27, 2023, the Disneyland Resort kicked off its Disney100 Celebration to commemorate the one hundredth Anniversary of the Disney Firm. The celebration consists of the addition of a model new family-friendly attraction to Mickey’s Toontown – Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway.
I attended the media preview for Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Disneyland in addition to the primary day of its opening to the general public. The journey suits completely into its dwelling in Toontown and is a stable addition to the lineup of points of interest the entire household can journey collectively at Disneyland.
Associated: 2023 Disneyland Suggestions & Visitor Information
Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway has been open at Walt Disney World in Hollywood Studios since 2020, so it’s an attraction that’s acquainted to many Disney followers. However the Disneyland model of the attraction has quite a lot of main variations, together with the way you really handle to get aboard proper now in addition to what you will note whilst you wait within the queue.
If you wish to journey Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Disneyland, nevertheless, it’s not as straightforward as exhibiting up and standing in line. Disneyland has a number of particular guidelines in place for entry to this new attraction. Hold studying to study all of the important suggestions and tips to have the ability to climb aboard!
Fundamentals for Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Disneyland
Earlier than we get into the nitty-gritty how-to-ride particulars like queues and apps and Lightning Lanes, let’s discuss what the journey is first so you may determine if it’s best for you and your loved ones.
Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway is an indoor attraction situated in Toontown in Disneyland park. It makes use of a trackless journey system, just like the one utilized in Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, Remy’s Ratatouille Journey in Disneyland Paris and Disney World, and Mystic Manor in Hong Kong Disneyland. Company hop aboard a prepare that’s really a number of smaller trackless autos initially joined collectively that then separate for the attraction.
The journey is the primary time Mickey and Minnie really make an look on a journey on the Disneyland Resort. Runaway Railway options the stylized variations of Mickey and Minnie that seem within the fashionable cartoon shorts from Disney Tv Animation. Earlier than the journey itself, there’s a brief pre-show that includes the characters and organising the prepare journey that’s to comply with.
The journey follows Mickey and Minnie setting out into the countryside for a picnic collectively. However issues go awry when Goofy steps into the prepare conductor sales space. The attraction strikes by way of bodily units that includes a number of Audio-Animatronic characters, however quite a lot of the issues to view are screen-based.
There is no such thing as a peak minimal to journey Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, however the attraction does have some jerks and quick turns in motion sequences (though no main spins), so count on delicate thrills. I’d advocate holding infants and youthful toddlers tightly! The journey would possibly hassle some company with extra critical movement illness points, however the overwhelming majority of holiday makers ought to discover it manageable.
Journey autos can comfortably seat 4 adults throughout, with two rows in every. That is one attraction that ought to simply accommodate company of all sizes and shapes, so kudos to Disney as at all times for making its autos extra accessible than most different theme parks. The journey restraint is only a easy single lap bar that pulls down for your complete row.
As a result of the journey autos separate and enter and exit every room scene in numerous orders, the views are totally different every time you journey. Relying on the place you sit, chances are you’ll spend extra time or much less in sure rooms. Consequently, company see barely totally different phases of the projections and animations from totally different angles.
I’ve now been on the attraction 4 instances at Disneyland to this point (and several other extra instances at Walt Disney World) and suppose it’s fairly partaking and nicely achieved. It’s not an E-ticket journey, however it doesn’t intention to be. As an alternative, it’s a journey that works for all ages in numerous methods and is one that everybody within the household can fortunately comply with journey collectively. My 9 12 months previous son who loves Disney and theme parks however isn’t a lot of a fan of coasters and thrill rides merely adores it. I can already see will probably be an attraction we add to our household’s common must-do rotation every journey, proper together with “it’s a small world” and Pirates of the Caribbean.
Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway’s Interactive Queue at Disneyland (No Spoilers)
The video pre-show and on-ride expertise of Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Disneyland are almost similar to the model at Walt Disney World’s Hollywood Studios. However what is just not comparable in any respect is the queue that leads as much as the journey itself!
To enter the attraction, company stroll by way of the entrance doorways of the “El CapiTOON” theater – a cute play on phrases conjuring up some Disney historical past. The theater is debuting a brand new Mickey and Minnie movie, “Excellent Picnic.” However first, the theater has arrange an exhibit chronicling Mickey’s movies through the years. The queue walks by way of that exhibit, specified by chronological order beginning with Steamboat Willie all the way in which to extra fashionable Mickey like Mickey and the Roadster Racers and the newest cartoon shorts. On show are “props” from these animated movies.
The queue has a number of interactive options to the touch and watch that may assist entertain youngsters in line. However I feel it’s much more for adults! Take time to learn the tongue-in-cheek plaques and seek for Easter Eggs. I found a number of new references, puns, and gags every time I walked by way of, making the queue extremely repeatable. It’s probably the most formidable queues that Disney has tried, and it simply delivers in room after room.
If you wish to discover extra in regards to the interactive queue, scroll all the way in which to the underside on this submit the place I’ve included a extra detailed description and many pictures of each room.
Two Methods for Using Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Disneyland
So now that what the journey is all about, let’s determine the way you and your loved ones can get on it! For proper now, there are solely two methods to journey – by securing a spot within the digital queue or by buying a paid Lightning Lane.
Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway presently doesn’t have a normal standby line you could enter so long as you might be keen to attend. Different tips that work for another rides at Disneyland – like Single Rider strains – are additionally not obtainable. Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway can be not one of many points of interest on Disneyland’s Genie+, so buying that gained’t assist both!
1. Paid Particular person Lightning Lane
Let’s begin with the best of two choices – paid particular person Lightning Lane. Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway debuts as one in every of three points of interest on the Disneyland Resort (together with Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance and Radiator Springs Racers) providing particular person Lightning Lane.
Which means company should buy a journey aboard the attraction for an a la carte charge – separate and distinct from the Disney Genie+ providing that enables Lightning Lane entry to a bundle of different rides. So far, the value for paid Lightning Lane for Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway has been $15-20 per individual.
The important guidelines for paid Lightning Lane purchases at Disneyland are:
- Buy paid Lightning Lane within the Disneyland app. Look on the Tip Board, scroll the alphabetical checklist of rides to “Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway,” click on the third bar that claims “Particular person Lightning Lane” and comply with the steps to buy within the app. (Sure, you should use Disney reward playing cards to buy it – learn the way to get low cost Disney reward playing cards to journey Runaway Railway for much less!)
- Company can solely buy paid Lightning Lane at Disneyland as soon as they’ve scanned their ticket to enter a park for the day (NOT at 7am like at Walt Disney World).
- You might be solely provided the subsequent obtainable return time to journey the attraction at Disneyland – you can not pre-select your time like you may with paid Lightning Lane points of interest at Walt Disney World.
- Paid Lightning Lane purchases are non-refundable and non-changeable. In fact, in case your occasion has an emergency come up, forged members are usually accommodating. So at all times be at liberty to go to Visitor Providers beneath the inexperienced umbrellas in particular instances.
- Solely ticketed company must buy a paid Lightning Lane. Meaning in the event you plan to journey with company beneath age 3, they don’t pay a separate charge.
There may be one vital factor to notice, nevertheless, about paid Lightning Lane. As a result of the objective of Lightning Lane is to scale back visitor wait instances, Lightning Lanes usually skip main components of journey queues. For many rides, that’s a bonus as a result of the queues aren’t that nice. However for Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway and its wonderful queue, which may be a significant unfavourable!
Lightning Lane for the attraction skips two of the 4 rooms within the queue and offers solely extra distant views of a number of the options of the primary two rooms. So in the event you completely wish to see every element the primary time you journey, Lightning Lane might be not for you!
In fact, in the event you aren’t capable of journey the attraction every other manner and don’t go to Disneyland usually, one thing is definitely higher than nothing. In that case, I’d advocate budgeting for a Lightning Lane simply in case the opposite possibility (digital queue – extra on that beneath) doesn’t work out. Additionally know that some company have reported that forged members have allow them to stand within the common queue after buying paid Lightning Lane, however your miles might differ (I personally requested one forged member on the journey’s entrance and that possibility was a no-go for him).
Notice that if you wish to buy paid Lightning Lane, you don’t have to take action very first thing within the morning. Lightning Lanes bought out fairly rapidly the primary few days the journey opened, however possible will settle right into a sample of being obtainable for rather more of the day besides on the highest crowd instances.
2. Digital Queue
The opposite technique to journey Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway is by securing a spot within the digital queue. Digital queue company enter by way of what is going to ultimately turn into the common standby line. This implies the wait is just a little longer than Lightning Lane, however it’s nowhere close to so long as it will be if a daily standby line have been working for this new journey.
The digital queue can be FREE!
Listed below are the important parameters and guidelines that govern the Disneyland digital queue system general:
- Boarding teams for Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway are launched at 7:00am and 1:00pm (be aware: the second drop is NOT at midday, as was the case with digital queues for WEB SLINGERS and Rise of the Resistance).
- Solely company with a confirmed Disneyland park reservation for the day might strive for the 7:00am digital queue. Company might strive for this drop from any location – no must be in or close to the parks.
- Anybody with a Disneyland single-park per day ticket who has scanned into Disneyland might strive for the 1:00pm drop if they didn’t already receive a boarding group through the 7:00am drop.
- Anybody with a park hopper ticket who has scanned into both park for the day might ALSO strive for the 1:00pm drop. This implies when you have a park hopper ticket however begin your morning in DCA, you might be eligible for this second drop. In case you are profitable, you merely jump over to Disneyland throughout relevant park hopping hours for a day or night journey.
- Company can solely be part of the digital queue for Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway as soon as per day.
- Company can, nevertheless, buy a paid Lightning Lane along with securing a digital queue spot, so there may be the potential for some company to journey the attraction twice in a single day.
- Not everybody who desires to journey Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway every day can essentially be accommodated. Boarding teams to this point have often run out instantly – typically in lower than a second.
- For now no less than, forged members are solely permitting company into Toontown with a Lightning Lane reservation or confirmed boarding group, possible because of the land’s small capability with most of it nonetheless beneath development. So if you wish to take a look at Toontown, you may solely actually do it earlier than and after your journey.
How you can Snag a Digital Queue Boarding Group for Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Disneyland
So now that all the foundations, listed below are the exact step-by-step particulars with screenshots for a way get a boarding group through the digital queue. As already talked about, digital queue spots to this point are being snatched up rapidly. So you need to know what you might be doing to have the ability to compete with this craziness, particularly very first thing within the morning.
Earlier than your journey
- Make a theme park reservation: Make your Disneyland Resort theme park reservation (required for entry). When you’ve got a single park per day ticket, it’s essential to reserve Disneyland park to be eligible for the Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway digital queue that day. When you’ve got a park hopper ticket, you may reserve both park as your beginning park. Solely company with DCA as their beginning park, nevertheless, can strive for the 7:00am digital queue.
- Arrange the Disneyland app: Earlier than your trip, log in to the official Disneyland app and hyperlink everybody’s tickets in your touring occasion. Activate push notifications in your cellphone for the app. Be sure you replace to the latest model of the app too. (Journeys with Tykes Tip: Keep in mind to buy your park tickets upfront from our trusted ticket companion Get Away At present, which can get you the exact same tickets that Disney sells however at a reduction.)
Steps for Becoming a member of the Digital Queue In the course of the 7:00am Drop
if you wish to be part of the digital queue on the 7:00am drop time, comply with these steps as proven within the screenshots above:
- A couple of minutes earlier than 7:00am, open the Disneyland app from any location (no must be in or close to the parks). Scroll down and search for the picture that claims “Request entry with Digital Queue”. (You too can get to the identical place by clicking the three strains within the backside proper nook after which deciding on “Digital Queues”, in addition to from a couple of different locations).
- Click on “Be a part of Digital Queue” white button after which rapidly toggle to the tab on the high proper that claims Disneyland Park. That is the place you’ll see the Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway possibility.
- Search for the button on this web page the place you may affirm your occasion. This lets you choose who shall be in your group for the day with out worrying about creating your occasion through the journey reserving steps – there’s not going to be time for that!
- After confirming your occasion, wait on the outcome display screen as 7:00 am approaches.
- Proper because the clock approaches 7:00am, click on the white “Refresh” button on the backside. Repeat, repeat, repeat till you see the blue “Be a part of Digital Queue” button seem in the exact same place place. Click on as quick as humanly potential. (Notice that the app additionally says you may pull all the way down to refresh this similar display screen. I don’t discover this as dependable or as quick. Clicking the refresh button on the backside places your finger in precisely the precise place to click on the be part of button so it’s speedier IMHO!)
- In case you are profitable, you’ll get a affirmation display screen (if not, an error display screen seems – whomp, whomp.)
- Assuming you might be profitable and procure a boarding group, arrive at Disneyland for the day.
- Anticipate a push notification in your cellphone to inform you that you’re eligible to return to the attraction and journey. You too can test the standing of boarding group progress within the app.
- Return to Mickey & Minnie’s inside the 1 hour return time window given. Notice that typically the queue stretches out into the streets of Toontown and also you gained’t attain the forged member scanning digital queue barcodes till after your window expires. No worries! I’ve discovered that along with the 15 minute grace interval widespread at Disney parks, there may be rather more flexibility than in accommodating late arrivals with digital queues.
Steps for Becoming a member of the Digital Queue In the course of the 1:00PM Drop
If you wish to be part of the digital queue on the 1:00pm drop time, the entire similar steps apply besides one essential distinction it’s essential to do first. What’s that? Not like at 7:00am the place you may nonetheless be in your PJs in your resort room, everybody in your occasion should first bodily scan into one of many two parks. In case your ticket isn’t scanned in at park entry, the digital queue course of won’t be obtainable to that ticket within the app.
Notice as nicely that the 1:00pm digital queue doesn’t apply to you in the event you have been already profitable at 7:00am. You’ll be able to’t journey twice with the digital queue (though you should purchase a paid Lightning Lane along with a digital queue spot).
Typically 1:00pm digital queue spots last more than 7:00am spots which go instantaneously (H/T to Thrill Knowledge which is monitoring this day by day in actual time). However bear in mind that simply since you get a boarding group at 1:00pm, that’s not a assure you’ll get to journey the attraction. If the journey breaks down (which has occurred fairly a bit throughout its first week of operation), not all boarding teams shall be known as earlier than park closure. If you wish to assure an opportunity to journey, the 7:00am drop is a safer guess. And for the 1:00pm drop, on the very least safe a spot within the queue straight away as a substitute of some minutes after 1:00 when later boarding numbers shall be distributed if nonetheless obtainable.
Superior Suggestions for Hacking the Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway Disneyland Digital Queue
Typically talking, being profitable in acquiring a boarding group for Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway (as with different rides like Rise of the Resistance and WEB SLINGERS that used to supply digital queues at Disneyland) shall be a results of some mixture of velocity and luck. Listed below are the guidelines that may velocity you up and enhance that luck:
Apply at House: Disney usually makes modifications to the methods and screens ever so barely for its digital queues, so this offers a significant benefit to frequent guests to who know the newest format and might transfer quicker than everybody else within the Disneyland app. Even in case you are a beginner, you may follow at dwelling to see the place the buttons are situated and know what you might be deciding on on every display screen so you may transfer quick. You’ll be able to go all the way in which as much as the final display screen to try it out, even with out having an eligible ticket. A couple of days earlier than your trip, set an alarm for your self at 6:59am or 12:59pm to rapidly test issues out so you are feeling comfy with the method.
Test If Your Gadget’s Clock is Correct: Do you know that many telephones aren’t correctly synched as much as the world clock? This may really matter to your probabilities for digital queue success. My machine really runs a tiny bit forward of official time, which is definitely good. By the point my eyes see the time change and I begin refreshing and clicking buttons, that sliver of additional time has elapsed and I’m clicking at simply the precise second. I extremely advocate checking to see in case you are in sync by going to time.gov on the machine you’ll use to guide the Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway digital queue. In case your machine runs behind the world clock, your greatest guess is to make use of one other machine to observe the true time to be sure you click on on the proper time. When we’ve additional units obtainable, my household often watches time.gov on one other machine to have the ability to click on at exactly the precise cut up second.
Use A number of Telephones: Company with the quickest fingers are those who get the digital queue spots. Sadly, the Disneyland app can run into troubles. When you’ve got a couple of smartphone in your touring group, I like to recommend making an attempt on each telephones. Hyperlink all of your tickets in each telephones so the quickest cellphone will get by way of first and prevail. Bonus if somebody in your occasion has an Android machine relatively than an iPhone. I’ve present in dozens of experiences with Disney’s digital queues that there’s something about Android units that function extra speedily with Disney’s IT and have a tendency to return out forward, all different issues being equal.
Test Your WiFi: Speedy knowledge is crucial to being aggressive for a boarding group. In case you are making an attempt out of your resort, be certain that the WiFi is as much as snuff (test the evening earlier than! I exploit speedtest.internet). Disconnect and use knowledge if it’s spotty. In case you are making an attempt from Disneyland property through the 1:00pm drop, know that Disneyland WiFi may be fairly sluggish. When you’ve got dependable cell knowledge service in Disneyland park, you would possibly contemplate disconnecting from the Disneyland WiFi to hurry issues up. You may additionally wish to place your self away from the crowds and the place a knowledge connection is stronger in the event you aren’t caught in a line.
Hold monitoring when boarding teams are operating out. Crowd ranges and demand for rides with digital queues change over time. Whereas almost everybody coming into Disneyland park proper now desires to journey a brand new attraction, this won’t at all times be the case as we noticed with WEB SLINGERS. The digital queue shall be simpler to snag when this occurs (and ultimately, I believe this journey will merely be transitioned over to common Genie+ at Disneyland).
Guide Greater than One Disneyland Day. Should you merely must-ride Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, you may’t essentially depend on getting a free reservation your first strive and even first day, particularly whereas the journey remains to be model new. In case you are taking a multi-day Disneyland trip, guide Disneyland as your beginning park greater than in the future to offer your self extra probabilities of success no less than as soon as with a number of tries. Park hopper tickets may also offer you extra bites on the apple, permitting you to strive for no less than the 1:00pm drop even in the event you begin your morning in DCA.
Keep away from Fireworks Days. Due to its location, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway closes for a couple of hours at evening when the night nighttime spectacular options fireworks in Disneyland park – presently Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Meaning the journey accommodates far fewer company on these days and certain distributes fewer boarding teams. So if you’d like a better shot at securing a boarding group spot, intention to go to Monday by way of Thursday.
The place to Guide Your Disneyland Trip & Save Cash!
Save huge in your Disneyland trip with trusted Journeys with Tykes companion, Get Away At present. Get Away At present sells park tickets at a reduction, helps you discover nice offers at each on-property and off-property inns, and offers skilled customer support from representatives who go to Disneyland on a regular basis.
For park tickets, don’t buy direct from Disney and pay extra! Guide discounted Disneyland park tickets from Get Away At present right here. Tickets bought now are legitimate by way of finish of 2024. Each park hopper and single park per day tickets can be found, in addition to tickets that embrace Genie+.
To reap the benefits of resort and different bundle reductions from Get Away At present, discover and guide Disneyland trip packages right here. You should definitely use code TYKES10 for $10 in extra financial savings.
Present Get Away At present Specials & Offers:
- Southern California Resident Deal: Save as much as $146 per ticket for WEEKDAY journey January 9 – Might 25, 2023. Accessible as 3 day tickets (both park hopper or one park per day, with or with out Genie+).
- Additional Day Free Tickets: Get 5 days at Disneyland for the value of 4 with this additional day free particular for longer holidays.
- third or 4th Evening Free: obtainable at choose Anaheim space inns completely by way of Get Away At present bookings (may be mixed with all ticket reductions).
Disneyland’s Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway Interactive Queue – Spoilers Forward!
I’ve saved the easiest half for final – most of the the pictures, particulars and Easter eggs from the wonderful Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway queue in Disneyland. This part incorporates spoilers so if you wish to uncover the main points for your self, cease scrolling.
The queue ostensibly paperwork Mickey historical past as a “film star,” exhibiting “props” from his many movies. The queue winds its manner by way of a number of rooms earlier than the journey’s pre-show. Company within the standby line first enter a small room with a photograph opp of the movie featured within the journey in addition to a lot of film posters on the wall (Lightning Lane company shortcut a part of this room right into a separate parallel room with scanners).
Subsequent, all company enter the official reveals celebrating “Mickey by way of the Ears.” The primary room behind the entry banner has Steamboat Willie, Fantasia, Lonesome Ghosts, and extra – protecting roughly the interval from 1928-1940.
The following room is an extended and thin hall that includes extra film posters on the wall that includes World Battle II and post-Battle period Mickey Mouse. Right here, you’ll spot reveals from Mickey’s Birthday Social gathering, Mickey and the Beanstalk, and Pluto’s Christmas Tree.
Because the queue enters into the subsequent room, Lightning Lane company are shunted behind a wall the place they skip the rest of the reveals. Standby line company are, nevertheless, handled to all issues extra fashionable Mickey. There are reveals on this room that includes a 1979 disco brief, 1990’s Prince and the Pauper, and Disney Junior exhibits like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Mickey and the Roadster Racers.
Simply across the nook is the ultimate room within the queue. The primary a part of the room options scenes from the Mickey shorts upon which Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway is predicated. The remainder is a concession stand for company about to enter the theater. Look rigorously on the meals gadgets and signage on the concession stand as a result of the eye to element is spectacular!
Company then go down one final hallway full of much more film posters and switch the nook to enter one in every of 4 pre-show theaters.
As you may see, the queue is to not be missed. There may be a lot extra I haven’t proven and didn’t even begin to discover till I had walked by way of a number of instances, so take your time in the event you can. That is one journey the place an extended line generally is a blessing in disguise!
Disclosure: I attended the Disney100 celebration and the launch of Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway as a media visitor of Disneyland. Since I at all times wish to give this website’s readers actual world experience and never simply experiences obtainable solely to media, I go to Disneyland usually at my very own expense with none particular entry. As at all times, all opinions are my very own.
Leave a Reply